Stephen is the Magazine and Features Editor at GoldenPlec. He works closely with photographers and writers to drive content on Irish and international music, education, social issues and historical content.
- Q What album would you bring to a desert island with you?
- A You'd want to get the tropical vibes going wouldn't you? So something like Bob Marley's Legend or maybe something breezy like Smokey Robinson or Al Green. No wait Talking Heads Stop Making Sense obviously.
- Q The first concert you ever went to?
- A Sunstroke '94 in Dalymount Park: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Ice Cube, Helmet, Therapy?, Frank Black, Terrorvision and My Little Funhouse.
- Q Single most embarrassing album you ever bought?
- A James Brown Sex Machine because the girl behind the counter laughed at me.
- Q If you could rob the vocal chord of any singer, who would it be?
- A One of Jeff Buckley's and one of Marvin Gaye's
- Q What song is your specialty at a karaoke?
- A "A pint of Heineken please." The shower is often graced by me crooning the words " I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stitch to wear" though.
- Q If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?
- A Jeez, I don't know The Seahorses, The Tears everything that's ever crossed Simon Cowell's tentacles with silver.
- Q Out of all the venues in Ireland, where’s your favourite?
- A Pretty easy that - The Olympia.
- Q Tell us something about you that people don’t know.
- A I've helped thousands of children to learn how to walk. I'm 93% perfect and if you haven't seen me dance outside the Pale you haven't seen me dance at all.