Frank is a deputy editor and writer for GoldenPlec. When not dissecting the latest efforts from Irish bands, Frank is usually trying to satisfy the demands of a 1 yr old tyrant, and failing to execute a perfect bicycle kick.
Deputy Editor & Writer
- Q What album would you bring to a desert Island with you?
- A Massive Attack's Blue Lines. It's timeless and if you gonna be stuck on a desert island for a while, it'll do.
- Q The first concert you ever went to?
- A It was the 1996 Smashing Pumpkins gig in the Point Depot where a fan was tragically killed during a crowd surge. The euphoria at the beginning of the gig, where Billy Corgan announced they'd play for over two hours, gave way first to confusion and then horror at what had happened. I was in the balcony at the back but it was difficult to make out what was happening. At the time it felt almost surreal what was happening especially as it was my very first concert.
- Q Most single embarrassing album you ever bought?
- A For nostalgia purposes, I once got a B-sides collection from Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine. It was rubbish and I instantly regretted buying such a load of shit. My mother seen the album and looked very disapprovingly at me due to the colorful name of the band. I've no idea where it is now.
- Q If you could rob the vocal chord of any singer who would it be?
- A Joshua Tillman AKA Father John Misty. You can't that deny he's got a great singing voice.
- Q What song is your specialty at karaoke?
- A You'll never catch me doing karaoke.
- Q If you could erase one band from history would it be?
- A Bon Jovi. They ruined my school years, because one super fan on the school bus wanted them played everyday back to and from school. For that, you'd want them eradicated too.
- Q Out of all the venues in Ireland where is your favourite?
- A It's hard to beat the setting or the atmosphere of The Spirit Store in Dundalk.
- Q Tell us something about you that people don't know
- A Don't eat a big bowl of All Bran after a night on the beer. The following morning I barfed it up into my college backpack in the middle of a physics lecture. Amazingly, I think , no one seen or heard it happening. I exited the hall, cleaned the bag and went back to sleep off my hangover.