Molly is a writer for GoldenPlec.
It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.
- Q What album would you bring to a desert island with you?
- A I would have to pick the one album that I've consistently liked through all my short-term fads - gangsta rap, desert rock, bebop etc. - the Buena Vista Social Club.
- Q The first concert you ever went to?
- A The Frames - Live at the Marquee 2006, which was pretty much the best introduction to live music you could hope for. I was about 11 years old and it's also the first time I swore in front of my folks.
- Q What's the most embarrassing album you ever bought?
- A I don't own any albums I'm ashamed of... yet
- Q If you could rob the vocal chords of any singer, who would it be?
- A Probably Sarah Vaughn or Marvin Gaye. Or maybe even Mark Lanegan for comic value.
- Q What song is your specialty at karaoke?
- A I get fiercely competitive at karaoke, like violently competitive. So I need something to really show off with, maybe a belter like Gloria Jones' Tainted Love, 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton (the closest thing to rapping I can manage), or a bit of Imelda May.
- Q If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?
- A ED. SHEERAN.
- Q Out of all the venues in Ireland, where's your favourite?
- A I refuse to accept the closure of The Pavillion in Cork. May it rise again like a phoenix from the ashes! *dabs eyes with hanky*
- Q Tell us something about you that people don't know.
- A I am informed that my first words were: "I'm in the mood..." after the John Lee Hooker song. I am fiercely proud of that fact.