With Ed Sheeran’s massive shows in the Phoenix Park on the horizon here’s a handy guide of dos and don’ts if you are attending the concerts. Firstly, remember we are living in a post Manchester world and safety standards at gigs are higher than ever before so don’t bring any prohibited items such as umbrellas, or bags that are bigger than A5 size.
Organisers Aiken published the following statement around the Sheeran Concerts today.
We want you to enjoy Ed Sheeran’s record breaking Irish Tour 2018 so here are few helpful tips ahead of his dates at the Phoenix Park this week.
- Aiken Promotions have created an Ed Sheeran Irish Tour App which is available now on android and Apple. It can be downloaded in the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Please remember to keep your tickets safe and to check your tickets in advance to ensure you are attending the correct venue on the correct date.
- PLEASE NOTE: Early queuing will not be permitted in the streets around the venue. This is a residential area and we ask ticket holders to please respect the privacy of the residents and respect the local community.
PLEASE do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary.
People without bags will be Fast-tracked. If you must bring a bag it needs to be less than A4 size. Bags under A4 size will be subject to a search which will result in queueing. NO bags larger than A4 size will be allowed into the venues nor will you be allowed to leave them unattended anywhere in the venue so please adhere to the above restrictions.
- We strongly discourage patrons from purchasing tickets from any sites other than www.ticketmaster.ie which is the authorised seller of tickets for this event. Purchasing on www.ticketmaster.ie or from a Ticketmaster outlet directly guarantees genuine tickets. Anyone presenting a bogus ticket will be refused entry to the show.
- The venue will open at 5pm on the show days.
- The opening acts for Ed Sheeran at each show will be very special guests Anne–Marie, Jamie Lawson & Beoga.
6:30pm Jamie Lawson
7:30pm Anne Marie
8:45pm Ed Sheeran
***All Times subject to change***
- Under 18’s MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian attending the event who will remain with them and take full responsibility for them throughout the duration of the event.
- There will be FREE-TAG-A-KID safety wristbands which will be available at all the customer care points both outside and inside the venue. Parents/Guardians attending with young children are encouraged to avail of these white wristbands which have a space for Parent/Guardian to write a contact number and seat number if applicable. The purpose of these wristbands is to help reuniting lost children with parent/guardian should your child become separated from you within the venue.
- This is an outdoor event and will take place rain, hail or shine. Please remember to plan for adverse weather conditions and check the weather forecast before leaving home. Umbrellas are not permitted in the venue.
- Strict security checks will be in operation
- For tickets purchased online: To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.
- For tickets purchased in outlets: Whether you have paid by cash or credit card your name will be printed on your tickets and you will be required to bring valid ID matching the name printed on the ticket, or a photocopy, to gain access to the show.
- The venue is well served by public transport. Bus and Rail transport options can all bring you within walking distance of the venue. Plan your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to the venue via www.transportforireland.ie
- Save yourself the walk to the park with SHEERAN SHUTTLE
Wednesday 16th May / Friday 18th May / Saturday 19th May
The buses will depart from: Custom House Quay, Dublin 2
Departing from 15:00 to 19:00 each concert day.
People who booked online are guaranteed to depart at the time booked. Tickets can be bought at the bus stop Custom House Quay each concert day. Return buses from Phoenix Park will depart from 22:30 until Midnight each evening and will leave on first come first serve basis. Due to the nature of the travel please expect waiting time.
Discount Online Fare 1 – €10.50 (until 09:00 AM on Monday 14th May 2018)
Discount Online Fare 2 (Wednesday Concert) – €12.50 (from 09:01 AM on Monday 14th May until 17:00 Tuesday 15th May 2018)
Discount Online Fare 2 (Friday & Saturday Concert) – €12.50 (from 09:01 AM on Monday 14th May until 17:00 Thursday 15th May 2018)
Full Fare (Online or walk up on the day) – €15 will be charged after 17:00 on day before each Concert.
Online booking system closes each day at 10:00 AM. Please note: There is a €0.50 admin included in the fee per person.
For further information & online bookings, please visit https://bit.ly/2IiGWId
- As the venue is situated in residential and business areas, Road closures will be put in place for each concert. Nearer the time of the events please visit the following website for further details: www.garda.ie
- An Garda Síochána will have a traffic management plan in operation for city. For full details please visit www.garda.ie . Please plan your approach to the venue based on the following:
– As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or car pool.
– Please use city perimeter car parks.
– The venue is well served by public transport. Bus & Rail will all bring you within walking distance of the venue grounds.
– We strongly advise you plan your journey in advance allowing yourself sufficient travel time to and from the venue.
Car parks are located in the following areas:
DUBLIN, PHOENIX PARK
- Parkrite Smithfield – until 1am
- Q Park Four Courts – until 1am
- Red Cow Park & Ride – 24hrs
- Cheeverstown Park & Ride – 24hrs
- Carrickmines Park & Ride – 24hrs
- Heuston Train Station – 24hrs
- Official merchandise will be available in outlets located inside the venue. Please refrain from purchasing any unofficial merchandise outside the venue grounds.
- There are great food and drink facilities at the venue.
- Please keep an eye on the following websites for all the latest event updates: