Dublin Simon Community and Collective Films films have partnered to create ‘The Busk Record’ featuring once-in-a-lifetime performances from Bono, Glen Hansard, Damien Rice, Lisa O’Neill. The album was captured over two nights in St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin in December 2021, when artists came together to lend their talents to Dublin Simon Community as Covid restrictions meant the charity’s annual Christmas Eve Busk couldn’t happen in-person.
The Busk 2021 was streamed on YouTube on Christmas Eve last year, with individual artists being supported by The Busk Choir; an assembly of artists, crew, Dublin Simon staff & volunteers and service users who were present at the recording.
The album’s lead single ‘Astronaut’ from Damien Rice features contributions from Glen Hansard & Rónan O’Snodaigh is available now.
- Running to Stand Still – Bono & The Busk Choir
- Goodnight World – Lisa O’Neill
- Astronaut – Damien Rice
- In the Half-Light – Laura Quirke
- Fitzcarraldo – The Frames
- Young Soldier – Adam Mohammed
- Forever Young – Liam O’Maonlai, Lisa O’Neill & The Busk Choir
- Ní Ceadmhach Neamhshuim – Louise Mulcahy & Manchán Magan
- Lily – Big Love
- Tá’n t’Ádh Liom – Rónan O’Snodaigh, Myles O’Reilly & Stephen James Smith
The Busk Record is available to preorder now from www.thebuskrecord.com and will be released on Friday 9th December 2022 on vinyl priced €27.95 with proceeds going to Dublin Simon Community to help people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Dublin and the surrounding counties.
The album will also be available on all major streaming platforms thanks to Universal Music Ireland, who have donated their services pro-bono to the project. Support has also come from physical stores such as Golden Discs who will donate all their profits from the record sales to the charity.